Re: [DL] lawyer question [STEVE LONG?]

>One of my players is playing an Agent who's masquerading as a lawyer.  Now,
>my question is if someone's scrutinizing the character's cover, would she
>be
>able to get by using only Professional: Law or would she also need
>Academia:
>Law to be able to cite legal precedents and such?
>
>Nick Zachariasen

I too, am not Steve Long, but will hazard to opine that seeing through such
a ruse would really only require Professional: Law, but I'd do a cross-check
of Scrutinize Dice with Professional: Law Die Type. A Lot of lawyers,
especially Out West, wouldn't necessarily have a ton of Academia in thier
back pocket nor the resources to stay current on legal precident, but they
sure could tell someone who's been in a Western courtroom, or any courtroom
at all for that matter, from someone who hasn't. In fact, having all that
learnin' might seem a bit suspicious unless they are posing as a Tin Horn as
well.

just my $.02
Matt the Drifter