Re: That Character just ain't right - was [DL] Looking for random help

--- Allan Seyberth <darious@darious.com> wrote:
> I've never really liked having a fully developed
> past for my character at
> the start of a game.  It's seems constraining.  It
> also feels like the
> story for the guy has already been told, as opposed
> to the story coming up.

*nod nod nod*  And after all, this is DeadLands, not
Traveller...  I almost always find it easier to start
with a next to clean slate, with just enough
background to give the GM some hooks, and then play it
for all it's worth.  NPC's are much cooler when you
EARNED them as friends, instead of only bought them.
Not to say they can't develop from purchased Contacts
or whatever, but the play's the thing.

Margueite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory