Re: [DL] Moderator vs. non-moderator accounts.

--- Nick Zachariasen <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> wrote:
> Personally, I think it does work.  When you post as
> Allan Seyberth, you're
> just another schmuck whose opinion doesn't matter
> any more than mine,
> Dirk's, Marguerite's, Ramel's or Seanchai's.
> However, when you post as
> Allan 'Deputy' Seyberth, then the posts carry
> official weight.  If Allan
> Seyberth tells people to shut up, we could bloody
> well just keep on talking.
> If Allan 'Deputy' Seyberth tells us to shut up, then
> we'd best do it.
> That's the distinction.  You don't have to look at
> the email address, you
> just have to look at the "From" field.

ALthough cliche by now, I second the motion.  I for
one prefer Allen having two accounts, as it makes it
REAL easy to tell where the official word is coming
from, just scan the "From" field.  Unlike other forums
I have read and since STOPPED reading because of
moderator neigh-abuse, I've never EVER had a problem
here.  Heck, even my Marshall Black didn't get any
moderator backlash when he posted his rather venoment
views on the D20 system.

And on a personal note for Allen, I just have to
respect anyone cool enough to get a Gaming Guardians
guest shot....  :-)

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory