Re: [DL] lawyer question [STEVE LONG?]

As a Recent Law School Grad  Here is my two cents:

Academia : Law represents knowledge of actual laws and legal precidents

Prof: Lawyer represent knowledge about how to make a living off of
practicing the law.

Bluff, Overawe, and Ridicule would be important skills for any lawyer or
(fake) lawyer.

In the courtroom, I would have them use academia: law to impress a jury but
use their smarts dice to do it.

Law wasn't as regulated back then.   Your fake lawyer, if he can actually
get people off is as much a lawyer as a harvard educated one.  Back East the
profession is a little more regulated.

Cort Jensen
"Better to be tried by tweleve, then carried by six"