[DL] Re: Whatleys

The people I game with have always pronounced it Watt-lee.
However, I've heard the Wait-lee pronounciation before. It seems like
the Watt-lee form is just an American mispronounciation of an English
name. How many people mispronounce the Thames (pronounced "tems")? Why
not mispronounce Whateley Watt-lee?
Question: There's a difference in spelling from Lovecraft's Whatley
(with only one "e") and Pinnacle's Whateley. Was this done to not upset
Lovecraft's estate for copyright reasons? What's the story there?

Marshal Eric