RE: [DL] Error in ToT:1877?

I have a volume from National Geographic called "Ancient Pioneers: The First
Americans" which goes into quite a bit of detail about early, mound-building
cultures.  There is also a site outside St. Louis called Cahokia with the
largest earth mound in North America.  Their museum has a plethora of
information including the fact that there are quite a few sites across the
continental US that fall into that category including Ohio, Missouri,
Kansas, Oklahoma and (IIRC) the Dakotas.

Ancient Pioneers
by George E. Stuart
Published by the National Geographic Society
ISBN 0-7922-7874-7

Jim