[DL] Would appreciate some feedback...

Hi everyone!

So as you all might recall, I've mentioned I'm getting back into Deadlands
and I've got this idea for a campaign.

All the characters belong to the Pinkertons.  I'm asking each player to
create two characters.  (And after the discussions of too many Arcane
Backgrounds, I'll ask that no more than one of their characters have an
Arcane Background.)  Each story will often be an assignment from on high.
Once the mission has been described, either the players (or the
evil...err...good...yes...good) Marshal ;-) will decide which characters
will participate.  (I don't see myself deciding this for them very often.)
This will also allow a couple of the players in the group who can't make it
very often to just "pop" in.  Additionally, with each player having an extra
character, I can also run little side stories when the whole group is
unavailable to play the "main story".

Ohh... and I want all the characters to have "ties" already.  What ever the
form... :-)

The setting for this "office" of the Pinkertons will be the Maze.  Probably
on the mainland between Shan Fan and Lost Angels.  I'll most likely make up
my own town.  So help there would be appreciated also.

I just finished re-reading the Great Maze supplement and have started on
City of Lost Angels.  I'm not going to use much of the current happenings
from City of Lost Angels (the "freer" :-) version of Lost Angels from the
Great Maze will fit better with what I have in mind).  In time I might
advance the setting according to canon.

Anyway...

What's missing?  What potential pitfalls do you see?  Any
suggestions/comments/etc. are welcome.  Please poke holes in this idea!

Will characters with Arcane Background be able to fit in the Pinkertons?  My
rational is "way out west" they're a little less picky about who they hire
or as long as you ain't "hexin'" in plain site or something similar.

Another possibility could be that only *one* of each players' characters
actually belong to the Pinkertons.  The other characters would be
friends/associates.  So when the Pinkerton gets the assignment he collects
other Pinkertons and/or "free agents" to help with the mission.  ("Hmm...
mission in Shan Fan, we'd better get Egg Shen to come along.")

So thanks in advance for your help!

Take care,

Derek