Re: [DL] Would appreciate some feedback...

--- Derek Carmichael <dcarmichael@apple.com> wrote:
> Each story will often be an
> assignment from on high.
> Once the mission has been described, either the
> players (or the
> evil...err...good...yes...good) Marshal ;-) will
> decide which characters
> will participate.  (I don't see myself deciding this
> for them very often.)
> This will also allow a couple of the players in the
> group who can't make it
> very often to just "pop" in.  Additionally, with
> each player having an extra
> character, I can also run little side stories when
> the whole group is
> unavailable to play the "main story".

Sounds like a good idea to me.  We're starting up a
Delta Green game shortly with the same idea; each
player creating two agents and several friendlies.
That way when we all get killed we've got other
characters ready to go.

We also did that with DeadLands, creating backups in
advance and then at BayCon we ran a module with the
backups.

The only problem I could see is not finishing a
particular session with a particular set of
characters, and then having others wander in or out
and it causing a problem.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory