Re: [DL] ethnic diversity

>     There is also the common sense argument.  If a multi-racial but
> otherwise typical (i.e. well-armed) posse moseys into a saloon in some
small
> town populated entirely by white folks, the bigots in the crowd might not
> like their appearance, but most would be smart enough to leave (the posse)
> alone.  "They may be [racial slurs], but they're well armed [racial slurs]
> and they're just passing through."  Granted some idiot might try taking
them
> on but then he's an idiot.  Or maybe somebody powerful enough might
indulge
> his racism.  However, the average bigot isn't likely to hassle
> pistol-packing passers-by.

The problem I have is its my posse stirring up the problems.  They walk in
to the saloon looking to start a fight.  And with a chinaman with "my
kung-fu is superior" it only takes one miner, lumberjack, sailor, cow poke
or what ever to say, "I ought to kick your a**" and the fight is on.

As to the earlier post about PEG's out to racism, they also managed to
include it in the Maze Sourcebook with the purpose of the New Tomorrow
Triad.  A group who's goal is to find ways to integrate the chinese and
indians in to white society wouldn't be around at all if their wasn't any
racism.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no racist, not by a long shot, but during those
times certain groups in different parts of the country were looked down on.
The Irish, in the north east, the Chinese in the West and the Blacks in the
South.  I don't organize a lynche mob every time my posse strolls in to
town, but when they walk in to a bar and purposefully aproach the biggest,
meanest cuss in the saloon and take his drink, that's just asking for a
fight.

I do have plans to use this against them.  I have been luring them in to
bigger towns and farther east.  I plan on having the law step in real soon
and hold them accountable for their actions, find them guilty and send them
off on a "dirty dozen/escape from New york" style mission.  The old "you are
sentenced to die, but we'll give you a chance.  Go on this suicide mission
and if you live you go free."  Of course when they make it out alive they
will  be right back to square one and next time they get caught I can set
them up again.  Throw in that the Triad is starting to get reports of their
conduct and will begin chastising them, and if the triad thinks their
actions are out of hand will send another group out to take care of them.
And finally I plan on having a vendictive muck racker start slandering them
in a national paper.  Down playing their victories and blowing their social
indescretions out of proportion.  The third, I think will both greatly
facilitate the first 2 ideas as well as give the local populaces a reason
for having their guard up.

I do appreciate the good ideas I received on this problem.  I still can't
believe I ended up with a group of players that would create such an
ethnically diverse group.  It has been a HUGE pain trying to figure out ways
to tie them in to some of the adventures.

Thanks again for the help.

Mikhael