Re: [DL] Gone Native for blacks

--- Nick Zachariasen <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> wrote:
> The Gone Native Edge mainly describes how it works
> for whites.  Since blacks
> are, shall we say, socially marginized, should the
> Gone Native Edge cost
> less since it'll get them less in white society?

I don't think so, personally.  The point cost
represents the difficulty of finding a native tribe to
accept you as a member, and the "power" of having a
Guardian Spirit.  Unless the tribe seriously believes
"the enemy of my enemy is my friend," a black person
would find the task no easier than a white one.

And let's not forget Indians are perfectly capable of
being bigots as well!  Given an appropriate game
alteration, I could easily see a southern native
buying slaves, having given up his tribe or not.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory