Re: [DL] Hunting Grounds?

>From: "qusoor@monkeybrains.net" <qusoor@monkeybrains.net>
>To: "deadlands@gamerz.net" <deadlands@gamerz.net>
>Subject: [DL] Hunting Grounds?
>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:49:12 -0400
>
>Could someone give me a description (as brief or lengthy as you like) of
>what the Hunting Grounds are supposed to be like?  What'll happen to a
>posse that manages to physically go to the Hunting Grounds?
>
>    John Goodrich

Okay I'll reiterate the advice to get ahold of Ghost Dancers. It has all the
mechanics, or at least enough to give you some idea what would happen if the
posse went there physically.

Going to the hunting grounds physically is not the greatest of ideas.
Because of the swirling odd chaotic nature of the spirit world moving around
in it is very difficult. Well, the actual moving isn't too hard, it's the
getting to some destination. Geography in the Hunting Grounds is nearly
meaningless. Step in, take two steps, and you're lost. Without a guide of
some sort you are hosed. Also spirits can "smell" the stink of the material
world on you, and don't appreciate it being in thier neck of the woods.

Suffice to say, if your posse doesn't know what they are doing, and I mean
really really know, going into the Hunting Grounds would be an incredibally
bad idea.

Check out Ghost Dancers
Matt