[DL] Time-related questions for Lost Angels [SPOILER]

<<< spoiler space >>>

.

.

Ok - here's the story - I've read Tales 'o Terror: 1877 and I thought that
it was a pretty good read. Gave me a better idea on the war itself as well
as the rail wars, amongst other things.

I'm now reading Lost Angels, and one thing I've realised is that DL books
don't seem to be very precise or informative with dates - which has left me
very confused!

I'm going to focus my DL campaign in the great maze (I have the boxed set)
and the players will be entering the city from the mojave desert around
autumn 1876.

My questions are:
- when did the rev hand down the edict?
- when was bloody sunday?
- when it's winter - is snow everywhere in california?

I'm in the process of chasing up the devil's tower trilogy, which I'm going
to buy tonight, as well as 'rain o terror' but I don't think that's in at
the moment in my local Aussie gaming store.

I also found the deadlands uber timeline online, but it doesn't seem to
have much info about california - just stuff on camp grimme from ToT.

Last question: I don't own the quick and the dead - do you consider that
crucial for deadlands gaming? (I have the old deadlands book).

cheers,
neko