RE: RE: [DL] Dyn-o-mite!

Or you could just buy the real world Ketcham grenade. During the american civil war 2 types of hand grenades were available, the Excelsior and the Ketcham.

The Excelsior was an explosive charge with 28 spines.  Each spine was capped with a percussion cap. Then 2 halves of a metal sphere were screwed together (gently).  The sphere was then thrown your opponent. Contact then fired one of the caps and detonated the sphere, sending little metal bits through the opponent.

The Ketcham grenade was a better design, though a smaller charge.  The Ketcham charge was surrounded by metal and was similar in size and shape to a kiwi fruit.  To this is attached fins.  The whole affair looks much like a lawn dart.  The front of the device has percussion cap over the charge and a striker with a distk about 2 inches across attached to the striker. The idea was to throw the dart at a target. The contact would cause the striker to ignite the cap and charge.

   g'day
   frempath

(sorry about the 2nd post jim)