RE: [DL] Dyn-o-mite!

>the burning doors of a showring...I'll need an idea of
>how much time he has before the sticks in his holsters
>go boom.

Dynamite is NOTORIOUSLY unstable.  It can be set off by many different factors - including impact (falling down with a case, shooting a stick, etc) and HEAT (ie a burning door in one's vicinity.)

IE You don't need to worry about the fuse.  Just getting close to the doors will make things go boom.  At the very least it would sweat and be useless.  However, when it sweats it sweats pure nitro.  The simple act of running with nitro is enough to set it off.

I would just give the guy a warning - IE "You have no idea how to handle or use dynamite or even what could set it off....  Now, do you want to run towards the door with a handfull of the stuff?"

This may be an unheroic solution so YMMV, but I a pretty sure that NO ONE in their right mind would run through a roaring fire with 1870's dynamite in thier hands.  Sounds like the 1870's version of the "Darwin Awards!" ;-)

Jeff "Good Luck" Tolle

"I've got Dungeon Masters Guide / I've got 12 sided
dice / I've got Kitty Pride / And Nightcrawler, too /
Waiting there for me / Yes I do."

"In the Garage" Weezer
http://www.shopping.altavista.com