Re: [DL] Vampires in Mexico

----- Original Message -----
From: <toadpooka@juno.com>
> While Rifts is...well, Rifts, I always was mystified at why so many
> fictional sources link Vampires and Mexico.

Most likely it's the populations of Desmodus rotundus (the vampire bat) in
the deserts to rain forests of northern Mexico to northern Argentina,
combined with Catholic folklore brought from spain and the general high
level of superstition all round.

Yetis to the North of us, Vampires and Mummies to the south. Zombies in our
shopping malls and swamps, UFO's in our deserts and twisted horrors from
beyond in the White House. Face it kids- the Americas have got it all.

Cheyenne
"I'm off to Gen-con - Gotta spend that money before the government wants it
back."
http://theraven.home.sprynet.com/      -The Art of Cheyenne Wright
"This planet is obviously being used as an insane asylum by other planets."
- George Bernard Shaw