Re: [DL] Is there a DL classic to DL d20 conversion?

PEGShane@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/9/2001 4:52:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> d_j_rose@hotmail.com writes:
>
>> I've got a solid campaign running and am using a fair amount of
>> sourcebook
>> material.  I thought it would be a fun change of pace to switch
>> systems for
>> a couple of sessions to 'test the tires' so to speak.  Anyway, I
>> don't want
>> to roll up new characters and I can't figure out how to convert the
>> PC's
>> and
>> published NPC's to d20.
>>
>> Any help or will I have to wait for the d20 line of NPC/monster
>> books?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Deej
>
> Nope. And never will be. It's just really not possible. Totally
> different
> paradigms behind the systems.
>
> Shane

One thing that I have found to work decently is to make the character
level equal to 2x the grit and then build from there, using feats to
make up for the new weak points that the character didn't have before.
If they don't have grit... guess. The characters will not be exactly the
same, but as Shane said, they are two totally different systems. A while
ago someone cooked up a table to convert stats such as 4d12 and 3d8 to
the standard D20 3-18 rolls. I can't find it at the moment, but it
seemed to work.

--Dirk