RE: [DL] Weapon Speed

Weapon Speed refers to the number of action cards necessary to ready and
fire the weapon.  The reasoning was that it was quicker to aim a pistol or
swing a sword than use a lariat.  The First Edition Deadlands also drew a
distinction between single action pistols (cock and fire) and double action
pistols (just pull the trigger) with SA being speed 2 and DA speed 1.
Rifles were also speed 2.

Second Edition Deadlands did away with weapon speeds.  Everything takes one
action card to aim and fire (for the most part).  DA pistols can still pump
out more lead faster than a SA (non-fannin'), so they actually got a ROF of
2 to make up for the lack of weapon speed.  So you can mostly ignore that
column in that chart.

In my game I still have things like lariats and whips and nets taking more
than one action -- just the stuff that you just can't use without some sort
of wind-up or other prep.  But everything else is one card per shot.  (OK,
it may not be so much a house rule as just a reminder for my players!)

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang