Re: [DL] Just some screwball questions

>    You can start at five, right? I gave out two whites and a red for 8.5
> out of 10 night. Does that sound reasonable (not a rhetorical question)?
> Because if so, I could easily see someone with an 7 or 8 hallmark skill.

Sounds like a lot to me, both as a player and as a Marshal.

While at first we got rewarded on average one red chip at the end of a session
(for beating up the small-to-medium bad guys) with the occasional blue chip (for
defeating the major bad guy), toward the end of the campaign (yes, boys and
girls, the Posse With No Name has decided to call a hiatus for a while, and yes,
I will finish the last two write-ups eventually) we weren't rewarded at all for
smooshing random mooks, got a red chip apiece for really big bad guys, and yes,
at the end there was a distribution of blue chips and one Legend chip for
defeating the Major Abomination of the Whole Freakin' Campaign.

In nearly two years of playing the same character, I was only able to bring one
aptitude to 6d12 (and I'd started with it at 5), and raise one Trait from a d6
to a d8, while raising other aptitudes to levels with better odds of succeeding.

If your Martial Artist or whoever is raising his aptitudes to 8, which means a
minimum of 42 Bounty Points supposing he started at level 5, then I'd venture to
suggest you're either handing out too many chips, or not forcing your players to
spend them saving their backsides. Or your player isn't paying what he should
for "expert" aptitudes.

Daphné