RE: [DL] Just some screwball questions

--- Seanchai <Seanchai@compuserve.com> wrote:

>    You can start at five, right? I gave out two
> whites and a red for 8.5
> out of 10 night. Does that sound reasonable (not a
> rhetorical question)?
> Because if so, I could easily see someone with an 7
> or 8 hallmark skill.

For me, out of 9 sessions I've also averaged about 4
pts each player, or probably closer to 5.  I don't
really keep track of it.  I usually have one main
encounter worth one chip (determined by how they
handle it), and at least 2 small encounters that could
net a white or red if handled in a positive way.  I
will also throw out a few whites for role-playing.

This is for an average 6-7 hour session.

Now, most posse members like sitting around 10 chips,
which makes bleeding difficult, although I have
managed to get 2 posse members to spend ALL their
chips in combat.  Night Train was successful in
bleeding them.  After the session they had less chips
then they had before the session.  I would hate to
think I would have to throw a situation like that
against them every other adventure just to keep them
chip-poor.

Anyway, it's 9 sessions, and no one has any skills in
the 8 range, but they could have if they wanted to.
One player is sitting on 20 bounty points he won't
spend, waiting for me to approve him becoming a metal
mage (which is not happening anytime soon, since he's
feuding with his possessed copy of Smith and Robards).

-Munch "My 2 cents" Wolf