Re: [DL] Bounty Point Awards (was Just some screwball questions)

--- Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
<vvandemeulebrouck@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are just too many skills that are necessary.
> Let's say, Survival,
> Guts, Ridicule, Search, Scrutinize, Dodge. it's
> silly how players don't see
> that a monomaniac character is usually not able to
> defend himself in any
> other way than with his only skill.

I'll agree with this one!  Having a point or two in
just about everything seems to keep a character alive
much better than a 6 in one skill and nothing in
others.

To date, we've had ONE character live long enough to
buy a skill to 6, and only one other character has
ever bought up a die type.  Personally, I have -no-
idea how characters are living long enough to have 7's
or 8's, unless that's absolutely all they did.  But
even with that, how the heck do they stay alive?
Anyone have some details?

> That is a problem. There are some social skills, but
> when you don't like to
> stop a good roleplay to ask for a roll, players end
> up with piles of chips.
> And I don't know how to solve the problem.

Our Marshal lets us finish the speech, and then calls
for the roll.  Roleplaying is wonderful, but it's got
to be backed up by the rolls.  Although the
roleplaying does give bonuses to the roll.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory