Re: [DL] Adventure question

Dirk schrieb:

> Daphne Brunelle wrote:
>
> > This is a spoiler warning for members of my posse. Git!
> >
> > Question follows after spoiler space. :)

> > Any of my posse members still here: I'll know if you've read this, and you will
> > rue the day you did.
> >
> > <some spoiler space trimmed for the digest folk>
> >
> > On average, how long did it take other posses to get through this adventure?
> > This is an important consideration for me, since we don't play very often. I
> > figure this adventure would suffer a lot if we interrupted it: lack of momentum
> > is never a good thing.
> >
> > Also, what were the major pitfalls/things not going according to plan that you
> > ran into or even that your players ran into?
> >
> > Any and all advice, feedback, whatnot would be most welcome.
> >
> > Daphné
>
> I'd plan on 2 sessions of 4-5 hours each (this can vary by group). A good breaking
> point for the night is right after the attempted lynching of Knaggs (I think that
> was his name...), after the posse beds down.

Or even shorter, because the adventure is rather straight - lots o` action, less clues
to find or intrigues, but still one o` the best adventure I ever played when speaking
atmosphere.
As at tip, I played the soundtrack of John Carpenter`s "Vampires", which proved to fit
very well(for my posse).
Make sure, that the posse prepares the major attack when the night train drives out of
town - the adventure is deadly(actually I lost a posse member on the first attack of the
vampires in the town - but that was bad luck) - a few stick of dynamite, a thinking npc
who rides with them or so should help....

> 4. Use the Zombie conductor for all he's worth. He isn't dead until his body is
> completely destroyed. Shocked the hell outta my posse when they rushed in, took off
> the head of this "normal undead", and the body kept coming.

In my campaign the head is still alive - but the player of the character who possese it,
doesn`t play any longer with us, onthe other hand the head of the player who died at
that adventure(I told above) will cause my posse a heart attack next saturday, I
hope(WHAHAHAHA!)

Hmmm.....aeh...tja...

...my two Eurocents(I don`t want loose my DM(sigh!)),

Philipp