Re: [DL] Adventure question

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!!

SPOILERS -- SPOILERS  --  SPOILERS --  SPOILERS

I liked Night Train.  Fun adventure for my group....

Well, kinda...  There was a major pitfall: my posse missed the train!  They
tracked down some sod farmers well outside of the town to get some
information and took what the farmers said literally.  "A loud  scream,"
they had said, "like no animal we ever heard."  Well, my posse camped out
to catch it as it came after these poor farmers.  Eerie train whistles
sound remarkably like screaming animals, especially when they pass by you
into the town an hour away!

So, be careful of red herrings! ;)

I guessed it would take one session to run it, and it did.  Even with full
on combat I would guess it would take two at the most.  Since you have
time, I'd advise really playing up the effects of the Train before the
adventure.  I'd start hitting them up even before they're supposed to find
the little station out  in the middle of nowhere.  If you'd like, I can
send you a copy of a newspaper handout I made for my posse that has such an
article.  Word Format.  Contact me via private email if you'd like it.

Dane