[DL] Fate Chip Optional Rules

Been skimming Allan's house rules and I liked a few of
the ones dealing with Fate Chips:

"Plot incongruities: Fate chips can be spent to break
continuity and real world logic. For example, if your
player is across town from the gunfight that the rest
of the posse is in, you can spend a white fate chip
and be in the action. The larger the break, the higher
the value the fate chip needed. "

Has anyone else tried something like this?  I could
see it as a nice rule, specifically for the players to
alter aspects of the story that they normally wouldn't
be able to alter:  "You are approached by 5 men with
guns aimed at you", player drops white chip, "I mean 4
men with guns aimed at you."

White chips would be trivial, maybe reducing the
enemies by 10%.

Red chips would be minor, maybe having a friends in
high places show up unexpected when needed, or have an
MS announce after the fact that his blueprints were in
a metal case during the fire.

A blue chip might allow a cowpoke to be 'answering the
call of nature' when the midnight Indian raid attacks
the sleeping camp.

Shoot, maybe by spending a legend chip the players
could rewrite a plot aspect:  "And the union army
arrives and they're also annoyed with Hellstrom's
x-squad tearing up town," or have the Baron turn out
to really be a girl.

In general, if it's something the players would not
normally roll dice for, they may be able to change it.

I also liked this little bit:

"Hexslinging
Draw Poker
By spending a white fate chip, and a second fate chip
for the effect, a huckster can toss and redraw a
number of cards after he has been dealt them.

White - 1 card
Red - 2 cards
Blue - 3 cards, or 4 cards providing he is holding an
ace."

I'm still debating whether this too powerful.  Sure it
increases the chances of a black joker, but it also
increases potential hand sizes.

Allan, how well has it worked for you?

Have people come up with other ideas?

-Munch "Looking for ways to burn posse chips on
frivolous stuff" Wolf