Re: [DL] Fate Chip Optional Rules

--- EverWyrd <Everwyrd@everwyrd.com> wrote:
> Just wondering about Legend chips. After a game
> where the posse has earned it, do I place a legend
> chip in the pot or do I give it to an individual?

We work it so that the Legend Chip is handed to the
person who earned it to spend, and then it stays in
the pot.  We -also- decided that the Legend Chip can
be lost from the pot if the story of how it was earned
it lost, i.e. if there isn't enough continuity between
characters.  We've only had one chip earned, ever, and
when the character died her companion had to tell her
story to the new characters to keep it "alive."

I like it, because after all it's called a "Legend"
chip, and if you don't tell the story behind it how
will it ever become a legend?  It also works nicely
with the tale-telling method of earning the chips.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory