RE: [DL] Which System to Use for a New Game

Well, this thread has pretty much contained the best possible answers you
could ask for, but here's a drop to add to the bucket:

Joseph Wolf put it best: the original system adds great color to an already
colorfull game (and for that same reason, it works against itself; it's not
suited for Lost Colony or Weird Wars, IMO).  Deadlands becomes horribly,
horribly addictive when you become immersed in it, and the system does that
better than any system out there.  Big huge mega-props to PEG in that
respect.

However, if you're already comfortable with D20, use it.  Trust me, there's
plenty of appeal to the Deadlands rules, but if you're a rule tweaker at all
(and most people are), you'll probably end up missing D20 in some way.

That being said, I played Deadlands since the main manual's first printing,
and I play with the D20 rules.  The Deadlands system just got a little
cludgy at points.

BTW, nothing, and I repeat NOTHING beats getting a joker and a few aces when
you're the Marshal and then looking out at your Posse and saying "OK, what
do you THINK you're going to do this round?"

                      Chris Nelson <sai_yuk@bellsouth.net>
                   Master of the No-Shadow Code technique.
              No job too arduous, no script too intricate.
 DHTML, Javascript, Integration, CSS, PHP4, Graphic Design