RE: [DL] DLd20 - Killing Harrowed Characters (Long)

Christopher Nelson <sai_yuk@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Okay, I haven't picked up the D20 rules yet, so
> could you clarify something
> for me?  How do you roll a critical hit?  Unmodified
> 20 on a D20?

Whoops, Sorry about that.  D20 criticals work like
this: roll d20 to attack.  If the unmodified roll is
within a certain number (the weapon's "Threat Range",
for most DL weapons it's 19 or 20) this is a threat of
a Critical.  Roll d20 again, and if the result of the
second roll would normally hit, the result is a
Critical Hit (damage is doubled).  Note that the
threat range can be modified by feats such as
"Improved Critical", and by the spell "Keen Edge" for
melee (hand-to-hand) weapons.

> By the way, it seems like you're approaching this
> from the right angle.
> Sounds like you've got everything figured out, man.

Thanks, I'll be sure to let everyone know how it turns
out.

Bruce

"Now, there's only two things in life,
But I forget what they are..."