[DL] Hexes & strength

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:16:19 -0500
From: zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu
Subject: Re: [DL] Fw: two Hexslingin' hexes

I don't know, man, these seem kinda strong.  I'd up the minimum hand by AT
LEAST a pair for both of these hexes to try to balance them out a bit more.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times

I'm not sure I follow.  I have the minimum hand be a Pair.  Are you saying I should up the minimum hand to Jacks?  The reason why I picked a Pair is it seemed standard when in doubt.  Dum-Dums may seem strong for the effect, but considering that Rapid Fire gives you a starting bonus at Ace level, & goes up +1 for each hand (Yeah, they left out Jacks, but I figured they missed that in the editing)  whereas Dum-Dums gives you a bonus bullet every other hand level, I thought that it balanced out.  Still, give it a try & say if you like it.

As for Come Here! I couldn't find anything similar to it, so I played around with Phantom Fingers.  With PF, you have a distance relating to your hex level, but the weight goes up according to the hand drawn.  I limited the weight to something gun sized, but had the distance figured by the hand drawn.  I also looked at the distance chart for Shadow Walk, & reduced the distance per hand from that.  As for the bonus to quickdraw, I basically figured the fastest anyone could draw a gun using ONLY normal physical means was having spring loaded holsters & magnetic gloves (+6 if using both) & used that.

Now then, I haven't had a chance to use these hexes.  My GM & I aren't to skilled at balancing hexes yet (meaning this is our first attempt), so if you use these & they seem too much, by all means, tell me.

Oh, & for the rest of you guys, I apologize for forwarding messages that contained all that junk at the end; I didn't have a problem the first time I did it, & have no idea why it did it this time.  In the future, I'll just cut & paste to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Jeff S