Re: [DL] Will Someone Stop the Bleedin'?

> Is it arbitrary?  Yes.  Is it necessary?  IMHO, yes.
>  You've already got
> enough rules.  Use what you have and use your
> imagination.

Whoa there.  No need to get fiesty.  *I* have no
problem using my imagination and making GM judgement
calls.  It's my PLAYERS who have problems with
arbitrary GM calls ESPECIALLY when it has a chance of
adversely affecting their characters.

Example:

The posse was trapped in a house under siege by Prarie
Ticks.  One of them decided to try and make a break
for it.  The Prarie Ticks lunged for him and he fended
them all off.  Of course, I had this vision of the
player now having all these Prarie Ticks holding onto
his body.  So that's what I told him, "You keep
running but you have three ticks clinging to your
body."

Player: "How so?  They missed me."

Me: "Technically, they failed to crawl down your
throat, not necessarily miss your body."

Player: "Show me where you're getting this from?"

Me: "What?"

Player: "Show me where it says that if the ticks fails
to crawl down my throat they are presumed to be
attached to my body."

Me: "It doesn't say that.  I just made it up.  This IS
a horror game."

Player: "So, it's your word against mine. And your the
GM so your word is final.  That's such an abuse of
power."

And so on.

This is why I just took to assuming that everyone took
the time to stop the bleeding after combat was over
because I wanted to avoid arguing over just how long
it should take and there being no official rules.  So
I was wondering how you all do it without upsetting
your players.

Jesse