Re: [DL] OT dice-o-rama

> Ah; so TSR could possibly have done the dirty deed, but it's still about
> the dumbest conspiracy I've ever heard of.

I don't buy it.  For one thing, not all high rolls in original D&D were
good.  So there was no innate benefit to dice that would always roll high.

Secondly, the earliest D&D set that shipped with dice wasthe Blue Box Basic
Set (the white box did not come with dice).  Those dice were acquired by TSR
from a company that made mathematical toys for schools and educators (these
are the famous pink and white d20s, blue d12, green d8, the orange d6 with
sharp corners, and of course, my mother's favorite to step on - the yellow
caltrop - I mean d4).  They weren't manufactured to TSR's specs, they were
bought via catalog order off the shelf (this from an account of the early
days of D&D by Dave Arneson).

Theron
Houston
Still has those nasty d20s