RE: [DL] When Do you know...

>From: Ivan E <ivan_gaming@yahoo.com>
>This was *helped* by
>the fact that William was a) a good sport about it,
>and b) stopped spending fate chips to stay alive,
>signalling to me that he was willing to lose this
>character.

Actually, I ran out of chips.  The posse passed me a couple, but then the
bandita, kept shooting, and I told them to save 'em, I think the posse would
have run out of chips before the bandita ran out of bullets.

Note that I've GMed a lot, both Deadlands and other games, so I'm kind of
use to running characters who die.  This may have made me more accepting of
losing a character.  And I've never saved a character if the dice killed
them.
I've actually only played DL in person once, otherwise it's only been PBEM,
and Ivan's is the first one that's lasted more than a month (If anyone else
wants to start one, please invite Ivan.  Heck, invite me to)

I liked Gerard a lot, he was fun to play and it would have been interesting
to game out the posse finding out he was a huckster.  But he took a chance,
and lady luck frowned on him.