Re: [DL] new movie!

> On 8/30/01 7:59 AM, Patrick Downs wrote the following:

> http://www.countingdown.com/movies/gangsofnewyork
>
> this movie takes place in the 1860s...
> ...and it's directed by Martin Scorsese

I just caught the first half of a History Channel show about Gangs. The
show's premise was when did gangs first begin and their "evolution".  The
Five Points gang in New York (an Irish gang) was mentioned as one of the
first.  I believe this may be about them.  Although the Five Points gang may
have been after the Tammany Hall era (as the website put it.)

Derek