[DL] Massive damage and armour

Okay, I was poking through my rulebook, and I still haven't been able to figure
out exactly how this works, so I'm turning to the ever­informative list to help
me out.

How does massive damage apply to someone with partial armour?

Let me give an example to make myself clear.

Jonas, an MiB, is wearing a vest which gives him one level of armour to the guts
area. Unfortunately for him, he's in the wrong place at the wrong time, and gets
caught in a blast of dynamite.

The Marshal rolls 3d20, and obtains a 36, thus doing 6 levels of wounds which
are then randomly applied. For the sake of argument, we'll say that Jonas
receives one wound to an arm, one to the noggin, two in the legs, and two to the
guts.

It's these latter wounds that pose a problem for me. Jonas has armour to the
guts, which in theory reduces the amount of damage he receives there, or the
damage die type. But since massive damage is rolled first and *then* applied, it
doesn't seem to make much sense.

Is there a rule for this which I've missed, or has anyone come up with a house
rule that makes sense in this case? Or, if this question has already been
addressed, can someone give me a link to the right archive? I can never find
anything I'm looking for in there.

Any and all help will be very much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Daphné
--
This is as bad as it can get, but don¹t count on it.