Re: [DL] Massive damage and armour

>Whether this is how it's done in the rules or not, I'm not sure.  No one in
>our group could remember off hand how this worked the first time we blew
>something up, and this is the quick ruling I made.  Now this is what we can
>remember.  It might be the old official way that our subconcious does
>actually remember reading.

Yeah I think thats the way they did Massive Damage in the 1st Edition Main
Book.

I can't remember how 2nd edition Deadlands does it but the new Extremely
Deadly Hell on Earth Way goes like this.

Instead of rolling the damage, figuring out wounds, then applying them to
the character randomly.  The New way has you roll a D6(I think) minus 1 for
every blast increment the character is past.(So a player standing on top of
it would roll a D6, a player 10 yrds away(assuming a 10 yard Blast
Increment) would roll a D6-1 etc.)  This number is how many places get hit.
Roll hit location for each and apply the full damage of the explosive to
each area.  Since you know the exact damage being delt to ech area armor and
bonus do to Gizzard/Head shots are applied.

This makes exploisions extremely more deadly then they once were.  My
Explanition might not make a whole lot of sense, I do know that if you check
the PEG websight and go to the HOE area and read the rule update they
summarize this.

Dan