[DL] explosives & damage

Huh.  I've been reading the messages on explosions & massive damage.  I
thought every body part took the amount of damage prescribed (ie: point
blank with dynamite, roll 3D20 for each place)  The old way sounds a bit
ridiculous (3D20 divided evenly among all areas? Then a character could
easily survive holding a stick in his hand) & the new way sounds too overly
complicated.  I'd just say roll damage for each body part, at the bonus dice
for the head & guts, subtract for whatever armour is in the way.  I mean,
realistically, no one should be able to survive close proximity to a
dynamite blast.  I guess there could be an additional reduction in damage if
the person in question is lying down flat, but that's about it.

Jeff