Re: [DL] More Newbie Questions

>Here are some more questions.
>
>1. The Quick and the Dead - I have a copy of the Marshals Handbook (bought
>with my 1st edition rulebook which adds to my frustration).  Is the Q&D the
>first edition of the Marshals Handbook or was it something else.  If it had
>additional info in it, has any other sourcebook reprinted this info since
>Q&D seems to be out of print.

Essential the Quick and the Dead has some additional rules and then it had a
large Overview of the Wierd West.  That large overview is essential the same
one in the Marshals Guide(Although it is updated with some info from some
other source books)

Honestly the only major edge that was in the quick in the Dead was

Veteran of the Wasted West.  If you've noticed on page 43 of the marshals
guide there is a chart for it.  Essential how it works is that players are
givin a free 15 points to spend on there character(can be used for edges and
skills)the Down side is that you draw a card and compare it to the chart on
page 43.

Overall I would suggest getting the Deadlands players guide eventually. It
really clears up the rules and it makes huckster way better.

>2. On Pinnacle's On-Line Store, the listing for Texarcana says it "presents
>and expands up the rules for martial arts... found in our popular boxed
>sets".  Are the rules reprinted there or do I need the boxed sets. - I want
>the rules but have chosen to buy the boxed sets and regional sourcebooks
>last (focusing on more rules oriented books first).
Nope its a full reprint of the rules, expaned and balanced out a little
better

Dan