Re: [DL] Multiple Arcane Backgrounds

On Sat, 22 September 2001, James Knevitt wrote:

> --- Casey Kern <headninja@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >... and Percy
> > Sitgreaves who by the end of his career was a
> > huckster/mad scientist/shaman.
>
> Really? Wow. Where is this mentioned? I have City o'
> gloom, and it only mentions his Thaumaturgical
> Diffusion.

It is mentioned in HOE...  And now for some SPOILERS

Percy didn't really have this combo due to an incident with a stampeding herd of magical cows.

Meanwhile in the future some of his followers - the erstwhile Sons of Stitgreaves - realized that some of thier devices had arcane energies that were not explained by the ghost rock or the little whispering devils.  They soon realized that spirits - soon called tech spirits - inhabited devices as well.

A few learned how to be tech spirit shamen.

And so we get................

JUNKERS!

However - tech spirits really do not exist in the 1870's.  There just ain't enuf tech stuff around.  Or if they do, they are FAR too weak for a shaman to exploit (thatks to the old ways movement.)

If you want to more.... read the HOE book.  It is worth it!

Jeff

"I've got Dungeon Masters Guide / I've got 12 sided
dice / I've got Kitty Pride / And Nightcrawler, too /
Waiting there for me / Yes I do."

"In the Garage" Weezer
http://www.shopping.altavista.com