Re: [DL] You'd better watch out...

--- Sitting Duck <sittingduck_1313@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Since this involves monster stats, I'll put up the
> following:

> You may remember a while back, we talked about how
> Santa Claus would fit in Deadlands. So I tried
> coming
> up with some stats. Keep in mind that this is a
> rough
> draft and is incomplete
>
> Traits: Haven't come up with them yet.
> Aptitudes: Animal Wrangling (Reindeer) 4, Fighting
> (Whip) 2, Overawe 5, Sneak 4, Teamster 4, Tinkering
> 5,
> Trade (Toymaking) 6.
> Size: 7
> Terror: 5
> Special Abilities: Standard Living Legend powers
> plus
> the following:
>
> Induce Sleep: Santa does this by making an opposed
> Spirit roll against his target. Light Sleepers get a
> +2 to their Spirit rolls while Heavy Sleepers get a
> -2. If he gets a success, the target feels groggy
> and
> is -6 on all rolls. If he gets a raise, the target
> is
> out like a light. Santa can attempt multiple targets
> at once, but gets a -1 on his Spirit roll for each
> additional target. Anyone affected may make a Vigor
> roll every five minutes. The initial target number
> is
> 15. This goes down by one for each additional
> attempt.
> Those that were groggy are fully awake on a success.
> Those fast asleep go to a groggy state on a success
> and are fully awake with a raise. Light Sleepers and
> Heavy Sleepers get the same modifiers for their
> Vigor
> rolls that they had for their Spirit rolls.
> Squeeze Through Openings: Santa can get through any
> opening that is at least an inch wide (rather like
> Tooms on The X-Files).
>
> What do you think, sirs?

Also, concerning how to fit Santa in Deadlands, I had
already suggested The Nightmare Before Christmas for
inspiration in the previous thread. I also realized
another good source would be that episode of Futurama
with the insane Santa robot (or something like that,
it's been a while since I saw that one).

=====
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress.