RE: [DL] Re: Steam needs water

--- Patrick Downs <knick_nevin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> slightly off-topic: I get tired of gamers trying to
> justify how things really work into a physical
> world,
> can't we all just suspend our disbelief? :-P

I personally think the lack of information about the
actual mechanics behind steampunk devices was a
ridiculously huge oversight on Pinnacle's part, as
opposed to a giant glowing 'suspend disbelief -
nothing to see here' sign. The reason I made the post
in the first place was because I felt that the 'steam'
part of steampunk was important. Call me crazy. I, as
well as all of my players, actually prefer a bit of
realism in my games - that's why I actually care about
things like steam, mechanics and the law of gravity.
If I wanted to suspend my disbelief, I'd go and play
RIFTS.

James

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"