RE: [DL] Dominion?

Title: RE: [DL] Dominion?

>     Does a harrowed ever gain total domion?  I had been under
> the impression
> that in The Book of The Dead and the Revised rules, the
> dominion points were
> simply the balance of power.  If the marshal wants the
> manitou to take over,
> he spends the relevant chips for the amount of time desired
> and makes a
> spirit check using the dominion balance as modifiers.  Thus,
> a harrowed with
> the host have "total" dominion is simply very hard for the
> manitou to take
> over and likewise, when the manitou has all the points, it is
> very easy for
> it do so.
>           Daniel Gwyn

Yeah I treat them like a balance of power, pretty much - however the BotD gives some instructions on how to run things if the manitou gets total dominion (which is pretty nasty) and I feel like the character gaining full dominion is enough of a landmark that it deserves something special as well.  I also subscribe to the thought that simply having a character running about WW with total dominion and therefore having full access to his powers with little chance of the manitou from taken over is going to easy on him.  My view tends to be that once a character becomes harrowed he's on a slippery slope downwards - the dominion is the struggle for him to remain on top - however in essence there isn't really a good side to being undead (ok apart from the nifty powers).

My reason for asking the question is the fact that I have been having a few thoughts around this topic, but I realised that it's been discussed before, but couldn't remember if anyone had come up with anything.  With the searchable archives unavailable I thought I'd check on list to see if anyone else remembered anything before I went ahead and put pen to paper.

Cheers

Roy

All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses