Re: [DL] I don't know... [OT]

--- Derek Carmichael <dcarmichael@apple.com> wrote:
> COMPUTER: "Citizen KNE-VITT2 please report to matter
> disassembly chamber in
> Sector 4ZV-A87.  Thank you.  Are you happy?"
> Wait I can bring this back on topic... <strains
> brain>  Nope.  I was wrong.

What if Alpha Complex is actually subterranean Denver,
post-HOE? Dr. Hellstromme built the Computer prototype
and sealed it underground with a batch of Automation
repairmen. The Computer's ghost-rock power attracts a
particularly imaginative Manitou who spins a yarn of
some crazy alternate history where Commies, not
Walkin' Dead, are the greatest threat known to man.
This manitou lures some miners down into the Complex,
drives them nuts, the Computer sets up the clone
banks, and the rest is (future) history...

Hell. I may run an adventure under Denver set up this
way just to see how long it takes my players to get
it. I find horror calls for comic relief at least once
every ten games in order to keep the players fresh.

- Ivan
http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/DustAndBones/