Re: [DL]nasty things to do to harrrowed (spoilers)

Ok, I know it's your game, you can do what you want,
but ...

--- Brom Clancy <spleen23@webtrolls.com> wrote:
> Okay let's say the player's character has gotten
> complete dominion over his manitou, he get all those
>
> cool munchkin powers with none of disadvantages.
> Whats a poor manitou to do.
>
> 1) Jump ship.
> Why would the manitou stick around if it dont get to
> have any fun. A kind Marshall might allow the
> harrows soul to continue to power his body, but
> without the
> manitou powering his powers or keeping the body
> going the marshall can demand chips to keep things
> going or somthing even nastier.

Sorry, the manitou can't jump ship.  He's "entered a
contract" so to speak, and the only way out is his
eternal destruction.  If he is 'exorcised' the
harrowed dies as it is the manitou, not the
character's soul animating it.

My view on this is he has entwined himself so deeply
with the corpse that he cannot choose to remove
himself, and if forced out by death or exorcism he
returns to the hunting grounds in such a weakened
state that all the lesser manitous take the
opportunity to feast on him.

> 2) Tag team.
> When you can't beat em', scream for help. Have the
> manitou call in the help of a stronger manitou who
> can start winning back some dominion.

The only way this could happen is if the bigger
manitou was willing to entwine itself PERMANENTLY into
the harrowed.  Which then bodes the question, if a
bigger manitou is willing to do that, why didn't they
grab the body in the first place?  My opinion -
manitous do not help each other unless coerced into
doing so (ie: bigger manitou bullies some smaller
ones).  If a smaller one begs for help, they are
showing weakness, and therefor deserve to be fodder.

> 3) Evil twin.
> Why can't a Manitou animate two bodies. The second
> can be someone of such weak will that the Manitou
> won't lose any contests of spirit with it. And the
> new harrowed can hunt down the old one and kill it
> with out the manitou itself dying.

Again, the manitou is entwined into a corpse.
Choosing another body is not an option.

> 4)spoilsport
> The manitou keeps the harrowed's body from rotting
> away, this is something the manitou does all on its
> own, not because the Harrowed has dominion. If the
> Manitou stops the Harrowed start going down the
> degeneration chart, with all those fun side effects.

This I can easily see happening, and is probably the
best answer, except for one small thing ...

The harrowed is already in a sort of 'total-control'
scenario.  Even if the harrowed had only 1 domain
point, he would be in control 99% of the time, and the
manitou would have to fight to gain control even for a
little while.  It is when the manitou gains that last
point that the situation is reversed.  The manitou is
in control 99% of the time, and the harrowed has to
fight to gain control even for a little while.

I would say having all the domain points wouldn't be
any different a scenario than just having the 1.

Probably the only thing I'd do if someone had complete
domain, and was a hero, would be to have more
abominations/harrowed focused on killing that
character.  The reason?  The forces of evil want the
wimpy manitou returned to the hunting grounds so they
can feast.

-Munch "Who has been influenced way too much by the
Demonorians in Time Master" Wolf