[DL] Marshal Screen vs. Marshal Handbook

First I want to thank Casey Kern for offering some helpful advice on a
previous question.... Thanks!! :)

This is not really a spoiler as it involves rules....

I noticed recently that the Marshal's Screen lists fear effects this way:

4         -4 to guts checks. Draw a fate chip for one-eyed Jacks

In the Marshal's Handbook it reads:

4         -4 to guts checks. Draw a fate chip at the beginning of each
combat encounter.

I'm inclined to believe the second is correct but was this point ever
addressed?

Alan