Re: [DL] Faeries/Sidhe in Deadlands - a touch of Changeling

>Keep in mind I'm only taking this from the very
>limited knowledge I have of changeling: the Dreaming.
>The Changeling Quickstart Guide was very helpful, but
>if anyone can take this ball and run with it, I'd be
>most appreciative.
>
>Any thoughts?
Its always good to get some fresh ideas into a game, but I think it starts
to draw the game away from its roots.

Deadlands is a Western Horror game.  I think the Indian(Native American)
view on the spirtual world fits best because it fits the genre. I think
Irish/British spirtual ideas(I assume thats what changeling draws primarily
from) seems as out of place as Japanese or Chinese spirtual ideas.

In the smaller scheme I don't think its a problem for different characters
to precieve the Hunting Ground differently.(I had a player play a Huckster
in HOE who instead of poker, used a game of pong to represent his contest
with the manitiou.  Instead of Cards, a Video Game controller would appear
in his hand before he casted hexes)  But I think it works best if the G.M.
still precieves the Hunting ground on the Indians terms and doesn't try to
alter the rules to much.(In the same example, although the Huckster didn't
use poker..The player still used the Card system to determine how well his
hexes did.)

I think its more advantageuos for a Marshall to focus on writing good
adventures for the world your given, A lot of good writers spent a lot of
time already writing a perfectly good world view to work with, Why fix it,
if it ain't broke.

Just My Opinion

Dan