[DL] Steam & Ghost Rock trivia

Hi,
    Some time ago there was a discussion about whether Ghost Rock powered steam contraptions needed water or not.  Part of the discussion involved the practice of real world railroads.  I just came across a reference to a 1940's NY railroad steam engine that had power operated water scoops that allowed it to take on 1,600 cubic feet (45 cubic meters) of water (weighing in at around 45 tons!) in a few seconds while rolling at 80 mph (128 km/h)!!!
    I'd hate to be the poor posse member hiding a tank during a firefight when that happened!
          Daniel Gwyn
"No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend
Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again!"