[DL] character concepts

"Marvin" made me think of another character concept I had a while back, but
didn't think would fly with our Marshal. Guess it would fall under the
"looney player" type.  What I had in mind was a very smart, insightful dog
as a character.  To make matters even more bizarre, he has a Sidekick that
would be a cowpoke, or a gunslinger who is fairly dumb & slow.  So
basically, you'd have this human guy getting into all sorts of trouble, with
your character dog sighing in the background & trying to keep him from
getting killed.  I mean, the human feeds you & whatnot.  Think of the
benefits: you'd have some different sets of skills that no other human
character could have.  Plus it'd be funny to have a dog with say, 4D12 in
Smarts while having a human Sidekick with 1D4.  Yeah, the two don't
translate well, a very smart dog is still no mental match for a stupid human
(so sayeth the arrogant humans), but I think a 4D12 Smart dog would give a
1D4 Smart human a run for his money.

Jeff S