Re: [DL] Questions

In a message dated 10/7/01 9:01:30 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Seanchai@compuserve.com writes:

> 1. How does Dodge work? We used these rules: only one dodge and it uses an
>  action; person doding must roll higher on a dodge roll than the attacker
>  rolled on his attack. Is that correct?

Yes, the dodge becomes the new TN for the attacker.  Also the person dodging
must "give ground" in some way.  I will usually give the dodger a bonus if
they have cover to duck behind, or dive to, etc...

>  2. How can/should grappling work in Deadlands?

Bralin' attack, must hit with a raise.  Defender can try to break the grapple
on each action, but must beat the attacker in an opposed str check.  I also
say that if the attacker actually has Fightin': Wrasslin' that the defender
must get a raise.

>  3. Does the lightning created by the Black Lightning hex work just like
>  normal lightning?

I'm a little unclear with what you're asking here, if you mean, "If I shoot
black lightning into a swimming pool full of people will they all get
electrocuted?" or,"If I fry a guy in a big metal suit will he take extra
damage?" Then it would be a mashal's call.