Re: [DL] unheroic heroes [SPOILERS]

Hoi, hoi...possible spoilers ahead!

At 11:59 PM 10/7/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I've got a quandry about my current group.  What do you do when the posse
>does something that is not "good guy"?

<delevi>

>So, does everyone think that's a reasonable response?

Hmmm...   Quick question: does any of the characters in question have the
Bloodthirsty, Mean as a Rattler, or Psychopathic Killer hindrance?  If so,
then you may have some interesting recourse in that they were playing their
character.  If they don't, then allow them to spend their bounty in paying
for their newly earned hindrance!

But, truthfully, I'd probably not take away the bounty.  That said, I'd
make REALLY make sure that Newton's First Law of Role Playing is observed:
"For Every PC Action, There is an Equal but Appropriate Reaction."  In
other words, the dreaded "C" word: consequences, consequences,
consequences.  The NPC goes to the Guardian Angels/Law Enforcement and
turns them in, and the GA's are NOT happy.  Perhaps the guy's family (Snead
if I'm right) gets a tad upset that the PC's are responsible for his death
-- they're a rich Southern aristocratic family that protect their black
sheep with a heapin' plate of cold vengeance.  Did Rex from the earlier
adventure live?  Even though his lackey really screwed things up, Rex would
find a twisted and turned way to blame the PC's for the whole snafu in
L.A.  Just some thoughts...

>said, "Well, what about the congregation?" "Oh screw 'em; they're a bunch of
>fanatics."  Didn't give them any bounty for that either.

Oh...fanatics, aye?  Sounds like a little player knowledge coming in
there.  Yeah, take the bounty and remind them that they need to keep the
two thought  processes separated...  Oh, and don't forget that the GA's and
other members of the congregation who do live will be very unhappy that the
PC's didn't raise a hand to help.  I'm sure the term "fanatic" could be a
two edged sword -- these people will not take this lying down and
smiling.  And, Grimme would probably be more than happy to eliminate a
couple of pesty PC's who didn't play along with his program -- heroic
actions on their parts would have really made the whole thing look more
realistic.

>Would I be out of line to slap a Forsaken, or Damned, or Cursed hindrance on
>them?

Sounds good to me.  Maybe Snead doesn't rest in piece, or his spirit is not
happy.  Imagine what the ghost of an angry MS would do to a posse's gizmos...

Bona Fortuna and Bon Appetite...

Dane