[DL] Grammar Rodeo [OT] (was: Re: [DL] Grimme & Lost Angels

--- Nick Zachariasen <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> wrote:
> > <GRAMATTICAL SPOILER SPACE>
>
> You're missing an M in that and you have an extra T
> :) .

Pedant. :)

> Actually, scowl IS a verb as well as a noun.
> However, if he was using it in
> the sense of motion up the stairs (as opposed to
> scowling up the stairs at
> someone), then that would definitely be what's known
> as "ignorant" usage
> (compared to standard and nonstandard usage).  Trust
> me- the teacher in my
> Principles of Grammar class called my progress
> "disheartening" considering
> how much effort I was putting into the class (read:
> almost none).  I ended
> up getting an A.
>
> Nick Zachariasen
> Editor Emeritus
> Trojan Times

> with
> 	unsubscribe deadlands

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"