Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question

>It's not that they don't understand the system, they feel the Arcane types,
>esp Hucksters and Shamens, can be overpowering.  Basically, a plain
>gunfighter could not stand up to a hexslinger or Wolf shamen.  This ignores
>the general trend in my group towards playing spellcasters becuase they are
>more fun.

Then Maybe D20 might be better for your group.  Personally I've never had
this problem in Deadlands(Hell on Earth is an entirely different monster).
I've really not had a problem with the arcan backgrounds in Deadlands.  Most
of the time. my player shy away from Shamans and I've found that Hucksters
are not all that powerful.  I played a session last weekend where my
huckster did a total of 3D6 wind the whole session with soul blast since he
couldn't even pull off anything better then an Ace.

Dan