Re: [DL] Deadlands d20 question

--- William Ogden <w_ogden@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It's not that they don't understand the system, they feel the Arcane
> types,
> esp Hucksters and Shamens, can be overpowering.  Basically, a plain
> gunfighter could not stand up to a hexslinger or Wolf shamen.  This
> ignores
> the general trend in my group towards playing spellcasters becuase
> they are
> more fun.

Yeah, that's why I play 'em too. :)  But remember, the biggest
disadvantage of a Huxter, Hexslinger, Shaman, or Voodoist is fear.  If
someone shoots a Soul Blast at my neighbot who's trying to steal my
farm away from me and I see the guy do it, then my neighbor just became
my best friend and we'll wallop the Devil worshippin' sonnuva gun
faster 'n a sheep can clear a field.

The point is, the powers displayed by the groups you mention are
UNNATURAL, and yer normal average Joe Cowboy ain't gonna take to kindly
to 'em.  The Shaman's double disadvantaged as he's an injun to begin
with and we all know about injuns...

-Bryce "No offense intended, just trying to get the point across.
Don't hurt me.  Please." Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files